Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it’s a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep…feel it all – look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love.
Things I’d like to see come back during this season of Doctor Who (which probably won’t come back)
- The Doctor’s integrity
- The Doctor’s compassion
- The Doctor’s humility
- Actual formidable villains
- Actual stable laws of Time
- Actual character study
- Actual consequences from selfish acts ( I know this last one is a bit unfair. But IDGRA.)
So. Take that how you will.
Oh my God. When did this post get popular again??? I turned on my tumblr, and suddenly….SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER.
I really want these things back too. I want to have a real reason to be excited about Doctor Who episodes again, not just for the sake of knowing what’s happening.
- white people are not the bad guys
- Christian people are not the bad guys
- Republicans are not the bad guys
- straight people are not the bad guys
- cisgender people are not the bad guys
- rich people are not the bad guys
- men are not the bad guys
- racist, bigoted, homophobic, ignorant, selfish, and / or rude people are the bad guys
dear social justice bloggers