tips for college:
- no 1 cares if you eat alone in the dining hall
- dont be scared of upperclassmen they dont care
- dont raise your hand to go to the bathroom
- dont bring a handwritten sick note from ur mom
- don’t bring a sick note at all
- email your professor when you’re sick
- and also ask classmates because sometimes professors don’t care or don’t know who you are
- find a friend in every class for this purpose specifically
- put your syllabus in your planner
- always get a doctor’s note if you’re sick
- especially if you have to miss an exam
- read the syllabus
- read the syllabus
- R E A D T H E F U C K I N G S Y L L A B U S
By the way:
- READ THE GODDAMN SYLLABUS
- EVEN IF IT’S DESIGNED SO BADLY AND IS SO POORLY WRITTEN THAT YOUR EYES BLEED, BECAUSE THAT SHIT COULD SAVE YOUR SORRY ASS
- Keep a planner, whether it’s in your phone or on paper. Losing track of your deadlines = certain death come midterms/finals
- If something looks incorrect on an assignment, LET YOUR PROFESSOR KNOW. They will clarify if they made an error or if it’s right
- Use a service like Dropbox, so in case your dumb roommate spills soda all over your laptop, your shit isn’t lost forever. Bonus: You won’t have to make sure you have the right flash drive with you every time you go to the library to work on something or print. Dropbox is your BEST FRIEND
There are 3 types of writers block
- You have absolutely no idea what to write and you’ve resorted to banging your head against a hard surface to reawaken the ideas.
- You know exactly what you want to write but when you sit down and try to write it you’re just like wHAT IS WORDS
- You’ve probably pissed off some deity and they are punishing you by cursing you with an unholy combination of numbers 1 and 2
Muggleborns gifting their pureblood friends crocs as a joke, and telling them it’s “the highest quality of shoes muggles can make”. Purebloods wearing crocs when they go out into the muggle world, smugly thinking that people are staring because they admire the style and fashion. Lily Evans doing this to James Potter. Harry and Hermione doing this to Ron.
IMAGINE RON SHOWING UP TO MEET HERMIONE’S PARENTS AND HE’S WEARING LIME GREEN CROCS
- *Walks into room* What are you doing?
- Dont you have friends to talk to?
- *Hugs book* This is my friend.
- Dinner will be ready in a minute. *Leaves room*
P.S. The real world isn’t going to accommodate you and your “comfort.” When you get off Tumblr, there aren’t any trigger warnings. Wearing a nametag with your “gender identity” on it would be absolutely laughable. You’ll have to learn to be an adult and deal with people without being psychotic and wishing death on them.